The Frederick Amateur Radio Club is going to hold a Ham-in-a-day class on February 24th. If you have an interest in getting your Amateur radio license then this is a great time. For more details on the training class click the more info button below.More InfoResources
There are some things that you need to do before you attend the Ham-In-A-Day class. Below is the short list:
- Go to kb6nu’s page (http://www.kb6nu.com/study-guides/) and download (or buy) his no-nonsense study guide and print out a copy.
- Read this at least one time before class.
- Bring this guide to class with you because you will need it and we do not have extras.
- After you have read through the guide, go to hamstudy.org and create a free account. Click on Technician where it asks for the exam to study for, then study flash cards. Try to do this for an hour a day for the week leading up to the class. Do not worry if the questions are foreign or hard. Through repetition you will start to know the answers. You can flip the cards over and get more details as to why that is the correct answer.
- If you are planning on taking the technician test after class, you will need to create a free account at the FCC site: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home
- Click on the Register button next to New Users.
- Complete the form.
- Write down your FRN number and bring it with you
- Review the other requirements for taking an Amateur Radio exam here: http://frederickarc.org/what-you-need-to…ateur-radio-test/