We have scheduled our next Ham-In-A-Day Class for July 7th at the Urbana Fire Department Training Room. If you or someone you know (hint hint) are wanting to get your Amateur Radio license now is the time. For this class we have some special gifts if you attend the class and pass your exam. For more details click the More Info Button below.More Info
There are some things that you need to do before you attend the Ham-In-A-Day class. Below is the short list:
- Go to kb6nu’s page (http://www.kb6nu.com/study-guides/) and download (or buy) his no-nonsense study guide and print out a copy.
- NOTICE: There are 2 versions on this site at the current time. One covers the questions up to end of June 2018. The other one covers the new questions that start on July 1st 2018. Be sure you download the correct study guide.
- Read this at least one time before class.
- Bring this guide to class with you because you will need it and we do not have extras.
- If you can read it TWICE, do that. Be sure to write questions or areas you are struggling with so we can spend some time focusing on those areas for you in class.
- After you have read through the guide, go to hamstudy.org and create a free account. Click on Technician where it asks for the exam to study for, then study flash cards. Try to do this for an hour a day for the week leading up to the class. Do not worry if the questions are foreign or hard. Through repetition you will start to know the answers. You can flip the cards over and get more details as to why that is the correct answer.
- If you are planning on taking the technician test after class, you will need to create a free account at the FCC site: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home
- Click on the Register button next to New Users.
- Complete the form.
- Write down your FRN number and bring it with you
- Review the other requirements for taking an Amateur Radio exam here: http://frederickarc.org/what-you-need-to…ateur-radio-test/