The Frederick Amateur Radio Club would love to help you get started on an exciting new adventure. Using the buttons below use the More Info button to learn what the process is to get licensed. For resources on learning how to study to get your license click on the Resources button. Once you are ready to take the test, you can take the test during one of our quarterly free testing sessions or you can typically find a few testing sessions with 50 miles every weekend. We can help you find a location to take your test. If you or someone you know (hint hint) are wanting to get your Amateur Radio license now is the time.More InfoResources
There are some things that you need to do before you attend the Ham-In-A-Day class. Below is the short list:
- Go to kb6nu’s page (http://www.kb6nu.com/study-guides/) and download (or buy) his no-nonsense study guide and print out a copy.
- Be sure to read this at least one time before class. If you do not read this at least one time before class you will likely not pass the test.
- Bring this guide to class with you because you will need it and we do not have extras.
- If you can read it TWICE, do that. Be sure to write questions or areas you are struggling with so we can spend some time focusing on those areas for you in class.
- After you have read through the guide, go to hamstudy.org and create a free account. Click on Technician where it asks for the exam to study for, then study flash cards. Try to do this for an hour a day for the week leading up to the class. Do not worry if the questions are foreign or hard. Through repetition you will start to know the answers. You can flip the cards over and get more details as to why that is the correct answer. Try to have at least 4 hours of flash card usage prior to the class.
- If you are planning on taking the technician test after class, you will need to pre-register here: https://hamstudy.org/sessions/5f45bc69ee13676e959186dd/1
- Review the other requirements for taking an Amateur Radio exam here: http://frederickarc.org/what-you-need-to…ateur-radio-test/