The Frederick Amateur Radio Club is thrilled to announce that FredFest Indoor Hamfest is back for 2023. Join us at the Independent Hose Company Social Hall on Saturday March 25th from 8am to noon. See our FredFest page for detailsFredFest Details here
There are some things that you need to do before you attend the Ham-In-A-Day class. Below is the short list:
- Go to kb6nu’s page (http://www.kb6nu.com/study-guides/) and download (or buy) his no-nonsense study guide and print out a copy.
- Be sure to read this at least one time before class. If you do not read this at least one time before class you will likely not pass the test.
- Bring this guide to class with you because you will need it and we do not have extras.
- If you can read it TWICE, do that. Be sure to write questions or areas you are struggling with so we can spend some time focusing on those areas for you in class.
- After you have read through the guide, go to hamstudy.org and create a free account. Click on Technician where it asks for the exam to study for, then study flash cards. Try to do this for an hour a day for the week leading up to the class. Do not worry if the questions are foreign or hard. Through repetition you will start to know the answers. You can flip the cards over and get more details as to why that is the correct answer. Try to have at least 4 hours of flash card usage prior to the class.
- If you are planning on taking the technician test after class, you will need to pre-register here: https://hamstudy.org/sessions/5f45bc69ee13676e959186dd/1
- Review the other requirements for taking an Amateur Radio exam here: https://frederickarc.org/what-you-need-to…ateur-radio-test/