What you need to know to take an Amateur Radio test

There are a few things you need to know before coming to take the test:

  1. You need to bring a government issued photo ID.  If you do not have a government issued photo ID a birth certificate is acceptable.  The photo ID must have your current address on it.
  2. Your FRN number.  If you do not yet have an FRN number from the FCC you can register for free here: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home.  This is important because we do not accept social security numbers on the FCC forms.  If you have a pre-registration link, that process will help you get an FRN number.
  3. Calculator – The simpler the better.  We have to approve the calculator and if it is a programmable calculator then we may not accept it.  We will also clear out the memory in the calculator.

Comments are closed.